Friday, November 25, 2016

The Friday Five Good Things.

This thing on top of the chimney. Minus the snow
Five good things that happened this week.

1. Red invited me to tea. She baked a delicious Paleo banana bread.

2. Found a black dishwashing pan to act as a birdbath during the Winter months. Besides food, birds still need water. Hopefully, the black plastic will retain some of the days heat and the water won't freeze solid.

3. Happiness is heated car seats on a freezing, cold morning.

4. Debated about going to the post office. Glad I went instead of procrastinating. The winds were very gusty and while I was gone, the wind blew the metal chimney cap off the chimney. It landed in the driveway where my car would have been parked.

5. The Eldest had to work the holiday. Since her shift starts in the early afternoon, We had lasagna and eggplant Parmagiana (Himself had fried the eggplant earlier in the week for me) brunch. Way better than the traditional Thanksgiving fare in my not so humble Italian opinion. We'll celebrate Thanksgiving the following day on her day off. (today)

How was your week?

6 comments:

  1. Lasagna sounds good to me!!! Happy Thanksgiving! (no matter which day you celebrate it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. Hope you had a lovely day as well.

      Delete
  2. You were SO lucky to be gone when that top flew off the chimney. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Today for traditional fare, but yesterday's lasagna and eggplant Parmigiana sound fantastic, especially since I'm a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. We had a nice, quiet, holiday. Still plenty of lasagna and eggplant leftover if you want to drop by

      Delete
  3. Just now read your question about the tiles I featured on my blog a few days ago.

    The small tiles will get a cork or possibly felt backing for use as coasters. The large tile will be given feet and can be used as a trivet. Thanks for asking, because I still have to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive decoupaged small tiles for coasters. Never took it step further to make a trivet with a larger tile.

      Delete