Friday, December 16, 2016

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Bought some new Christmas ornaments (as if we really needed more) from our outing at Oakwood Farms. We had dinner "over there" (aka The Cracker Barrel in Sturbridge). Faux Southern comfort food, but we like  it.

2. Sunday was the annual town Santa parade. The local fire department drives Santa, Mrs. Claus, and an Elf around town with lights and sirens blaring. Himself and I ran outside to wave as the fire trucks drove by. And me without my phone missed a photo op for the blog!

3. Red came over for tea. She made me a lovely Outlander cowl in shades of blue, green, and purple. Like a peacock.

4. After running from store to store, I finally found candied fruits I needed to make a golden fruitcake.

5. Saw a rainbow on the way home from running errands

How was your week?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Really, I'm probably one of two people (Himself is the other) who enjoys fruitcake. This recipe isn't the typical dark fruitcake soaked in liquor. This is a yellow fruitcake soaked in apple juice as some here don't care for rum or brandy

      Delete
    2. My mom's is a yellow fruitcake too, with no liquor. But her's is all fruit and nuts, no juice, but there might be pineapple juice, I forget! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Robin. Guess you can tell I'm not a fan of fruitcake.

    I've only been to a Cracker Barrel once, and I love how you describe it. That is hilarious and oh so true. But you forgot the marketing ploy that goes with the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week not so good, but this week is starting off amazing! My mom made her fruit cake two weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete