Tuesday, January 16, 2018

T Stands for Thor: Ragnarok


So, last month, Himself and I finally got the chance to see Thor: Ragnarok. My pick. I did take photos of us at a restaurant, but I can't find the photos on my camera or laptop. I deleted some photos off my camera to get rid of the annoying you have no more room message. Out of all the times, I've deleted photos from my camera roll, I've never had photos deleted from the folder on my laptop where photos are backed up. Even though I've always gotten a message that a photo deleted in one place will be deleted from all devices. Apparently, an iOS update fixed that bug. I can't remember where we went to eat. No biggie. Thor will lend a hand by showing his coffee cup. Grab your favorite beverage, no smashing.

I love the Thor stories, and let's face it, Chris Hemsworth is easy on the eyes. This Thor saga is a coming of age story and reminded me a bit of The Wizard of Oz. Thor must step up his game to protect the people of Asgard against Hele, the Goddess of Death. Through the process, Thor learns his power derives from himself and not in Mjölnir, his hammer. (Like Dorothy and her ruby, red pumps)

The script must have been written by an adolescent male as comic relief was was not funny. The jokes seemed forced and continued ad nauseum. And it could be I'm not a fan of Jeff Goldblum, the villain in the movie. There was also the debate about who would win a battle if Thor were pitted against The Hulk.


via GIPHY

 Hela (Cate Blanchett), the Goddess of Death, was impressive as she cavorted on screen in her Las Vegas showgirl headdress. (Though Himself told me Hele  appeared with similar headgear in the comic book.) She pulls off molded leather well, and it looks like she was given sensible heeled boots instead of stiletto heels.

Great movie if you're a Thor fan or have nothing better to do. The movie has probably left the major theaters so you might have to wait for it to hit Netflix.

 Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

34 comments:

  1. I never got into Thor and only watched the Marvel TV show once. I DID like the gal who was a Marvel character from the 50s, but can't even remember her name, now.

    My question is, what is David Tennant doing looking like a buffoon?

    Thanks for sharing Thor breaking his mug and sharing your angst about loosing your photos with us for T this Tuesday. Believe me, I can truly relate to that little problem, although I have deleted photos from my camera when I hadn't backed them up on the computer. I don't have all those fancy techno devices you have (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Doctor is not looking like a buffoon.
      :-D He's rolling his eyes at the thought of a silly, macho, battle to see which character was "bigger" =^,.^=

      Marvel female character from the 50s? Are you thinking Ms Marvel, Carol Danvers? She first appeared in print in 1968. If you're thinking of Wonder Woman, she's from DC Comics

      Delete
  2. This is not something I have seen. The last film I saw was Harry Potter! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the first Thor movie and really enjoyed it 😁. I've been meaning to watch the others so thanks for the reminder, this will be a great way to cheers up a cold grey day. Wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, watching Thor will make your day a bit warmer =^,.^=

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen the later Thor films, maybe they should be added to my want to watch lists. I tend to wait until films are available for me to watch at home on a DVD .
    Happy T day wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us, too, but once in a while we like to see a movie on the big screen.

      Delete
  5. I have not seen the Thor movies but sound good.
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know anything about Thor. Thanks for sharing the gist of it. happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a bold, brash,super hero based on the the Norse myth.

      Delete
  7. I must admit I have never heard of Thor movies. But here out in the sticks (without a cinema) I am a bit out of touch. But thanks for sharing.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is a big fan of the superhero comics from way back, and he enjoys these movies. I have also enjoyed them, their big flashy presences and the touches of humor. Fun!Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun, mindless way to spend an afternoon or evening.

      Delete
  9. have not watched this yet..I was ill when it came out in theaters. I'll wait for Netflix for sure. I could watch anything Chris Hemsworth is in, even on mute:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never saw the latest Thor movie but I like the older one I have seen. ANd this point I will see it when I can get it on redbox or shows up on netflix. Thanks for sharing your review. And happy T day too! Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad it's not available on Netflix. Would be perfect to watch on the snow day. I'm assuming school will be cancelled. Stay warm and safe!

      Delete
  11. Not a fan but thanks for the review anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Thor! I can't wait to see this movie. Guess I will have to wait till date night. :)
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Thor. But of the series, this came the closest to being over the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the special effects. And according to Himself, Marvel stayed true to the comic book

      Delete
  14. The story sounds great. I am tempted to see it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of action, special effects, and not a bad story.

      Delete
  15. Sorry to be so late getting around, CJ. We’ve had terrible & intermittant internet for a couple of days – often less than 1 megabyte download!

    I hate when "they" improve software that makes things worse for you or release versions with significant bugs. The worst is when "they" auto-install without permission. Drives me crazy. But would I want to live without my computer? No way!

    Thor? I think I have better things to do ;-)

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology can't live with it, can't live without it. What in the world did we do in the days before everyone had access to the Internet? :-D

      Delete
  16. I think I must have an adolescent sense of humour as I do remember laughing quite a lot! Cate Blanchett could play almost any role I think and Chris Hemsworth……..say no more!!! Belated Happy T Day - appointments getting in the way of what I want to do…Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could watch Chris Hemsworth all day. And almost as good: listening to Tom Hiddleston's voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrFjcq0qiw

      Delete
  17. My brother LOVES Thor and I have to admit, I do too! Thanks for the review CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We still haven't seen it! Now I'm sure we have to wait until DVD. Looking forward to it though!

    ReplyDelete