Sunday, April 15, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This week the weather pendulum was swinging all over the place. Snow, wet, cold, sunny, but signs of Spring were popping out in unexpected places.


I almost stepped on this tiny crocus in the lawn on the way to the mailbox.


Crocus pop up were they were not planted on the side of the driveway.


Daffodils getting ready to pop


A tiny Hyacinth by the front walk


More crocus by the driveway.


Mitty's Hollyhock is sprouting. He liked the hang out under the shade of their broad leaves.


Lots of sticks and clean-up to do around the Zensical garden if it would stay warmer than 5 minutes.


Crocus and daffodils underneath the Japanese Maple.

More lousy weather on the way. How does your garden grow?

14 comments:

  1. Well, it looks like after a gorgeous Saturday of 80 degree weather, they are expecting more cold stuff yet again. Talk about the winter which refuses to just go quietly into that goodnight, eh?

    I say GOOOOOOO already, man! LOL!!

    Have a great Sunday, CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this post. Seems our gardens are at the same point right now. Lots of little bits of green popping out and crocuses in bloom. Of course today I don't think anything is popping up as it is pretty chilly. Hope you have a greatday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it pops up, it needs a blanket. Brrrr. Hope it will be warmer for your trip to Japan

      Delete
  3. At least they're not sticking out from under SNOW, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any daffs, but I saw a couple of tulips blooming yesterday. Too cold to take photos as I was headed to the warm car. We didn't get above freezing yesterday and today doesn't look much better. No moisture, but bitter cold and high winds that begged for grass fires to develop quickly by the side of railroad tracks.

    LOVE seeing where your garden stands about now. Mine is too pathetic to take photos of, I fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, temps will get mild and you'll get much needed rain.

      Delete
  5. Glad to see that spring is slowly reaching you and showing itself. Everything is flourishing here. Sorry I am late visiting, went off for a day out yesterday. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. Hope we get to see where you went on your outing

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful pictures CJ!! I am so happy things are starting to pop up around you!! I will posting winter photos soon! LOL! I hope the lousy weather came and went! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely to see your spring flowers and wow, seeing photos without snow in them makes me happy ...lol 😉. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a great new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. CJ, I was positive I commented on this post??? Didn't I?? I'm losing it! LOL! Just incase it didn't go through, love your Spring photos!!!

    ReplyDelete