Sunday, April 22, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


The week began with sleet and freezing rain (I cried)


that turned into torrential rain. The swale that runs along my side of the street was a white water river. We were doing fine until the sump pump decided to go on a coffee break for whatever reason and some water seeped into the basement. I cried 


The daffodils were ready to


bloom.


Out of focus buds on the Japanese maple tree.


The mountain laurel sprung up overnight. It's not looking too good.


The overgrown honeysuckle vine is starting to bud. Someone should have cut it back.


Inside, Reggie's Magic Seeds (morning glories) have sprouted. I was hoping for more plants.  It will still be a week or two before these can go in the ground in Ink's garden.

How does your garden grow?


10 comments:

  1. I am glad spring has at last started over there. We've had a few hot and summery days here. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of the cold, we are about 2 - 3 weeks behind where we usually are at this time. I'm glad Spring has started too. It wouldn't surprise me if we have a day or two of mild weather and then jump right into Summer. I wouldn't mind.

      Delete
  2. Your gardens are doing a lot better than mine, but we got rain all day yesterday. A nice slow rain that allowed the ground to soak it up, rather than causing runoff. If I'd had your weather, I would be censoring my thoughts, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got the much needed rain. Nice birthday present, too!

      Delete
  3. Maybe Mother Nature will grant your wish, skip spring and go right to summer! I'll cross my fingers for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. I trust this is it and there's nothing but sunshine in your future from here on out.
    It's almost July.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the water in the basement! We had the same weather and now we are getting tones of rain! Actually, our power was out this morning. But, I do think Spring is here! We are getting "summer" temperatures at the end of the week! Crazy! It sure is looking green where you are! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your electricity comes back on soon. More rain for today. Hopefully, not as heavy as it was last week. The rain will green things up and Summer temps predicted for next week.

      Delete