Friday, August 7, 2026

The Friday Five Good Things

 
The Lung and Allergy Department was celebrating National Watermelon Day, 8/3/2026


Five good things that happened this week.

1. Part 1 of the antibiotic testing. A 3 hour test. I'm still allergic to the cephalosporin antibiotics, specifically Cephalexin. We stopped for lunch on the way home at the 99 Restaurant.

2. The NP was going to book the part 2 of the antibiotic testing. The earliest date middle to end of September.  A cancellation came in for Friday 8/7. I'll take it!

3. I couldn't log onto my work account or access work email on my phone. Emailed G ( from my home email address) in IT. All sorted out very quickly.

4. I made ciambotta (Italian vegetable stew) with vegetables from Himself's garden. I made it in the crockpot. Ma, why didn't we think of doing that before?

5. Teague made a delicious zucchini bread with zucchini studded with chocolate chips. The zucchini came from Himself's garden. I had a slice with my afternoon cup of tea.

How was your week?

13 comments:

  1. Only good "thing": Ingo. I fell, he helps. When I dive in shi#, I dive in deep. Tomorrow Summer will be back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That veggie stew sounds great and a good idea using the crockpot. I should look up the recipe (unless you'd like to share one day, because I have lots of veggies right now too. My week was also good because I received a cool little journal in the mail. :) Hope you have a super Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE my crockpot... fix it and forget it... My daughter LOVES her airfryer... Its a generational thing.... i think.. have you jumped on the airfryer fad??
    * a week off from the GrandLittles... how can that be a good thing you ask? Sometimes you need a break from too much of a good thing... :) I'll be refreshed and excited to see them next visit... :)
    * GrandLittles had Cheer Camp the last three days and last night was the Show they put on.. that was so much fun... The Littlest was finally old enough to be in it... as she goes to Kindergarten this year!!
    * Put a base coat on a bunch of canvases... lots of ideas running through this head
    * Hubby is doing well. . still playing golf in all this heat...
    * The yard is under control...
    * Its been a good time to dig out the craftroom from Grandkids too... lol :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even resting your week is very busy. My new oven came with an air-fryer setting in it. I used it once. Wasn't impressed. Himself bought and air fryer. It lives under the kitchen work table. I didn't want to learn how to use another appliance.

      Delete
    2. I'am so with you there! I have other things to do rather than learn a new appliance... :) The new mug was the witchy one...lol Hugs! deb

      Delete
  4. Allergy testing is sooooo tedious! ☹️

    ReplyDelete