Monday, August 17, 2026

Monet and Miro, and Me


are resuming Two Old Ladies on the Road from the Ogunquit trip at the end of June 2026

27. June. I woke up at 6:30 am and thought TFE. Too early. I thought I'd just lounge in bed, but fell asleep. I woke up at 8:30. I had a leisurely breakfast of oatmeal and a bagel.

Mornings are luxuriously slow for us. Quiet. Minimal chatting. We each have downtime to work in puzzle books (Teague) or journal (me). 

For a late lunch, we decided to head North to the next town over in Wells. We stopped at Billy's Chowder House. It's on the Ogunquit River. We were seated at the window (I think it helps being old ladies) and had a nice view of the river and marshland. I had a salad and a cup of clam chowder.

After lunch we drove along the coast to Kennebunk. There were lots of beautiful beach houses to admire and dream about.

On the way back we stopped in Saco at Sherman's Maine Coast Book Shops. It was a nice shop to putter in. Books, souvenirs, stationery. I was glad there was a nice art and stationery area as I had forgotten to bring a pencil sharpener and my colored pencils were pretty blunt. I found a nice blue sharpener that would catch the shavings. I also found, to my surprise, a Micron Pigma Pen. The one I had brought was drying out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment