Five good things that happened this week
1. Two old ladies on the road checked in at the Half Moon Motel and Cottages. We got our favorite cabin #6. Because weather for Friday sounded iffy, Teague asked if we could add an extra day. The answer was YES.
2. Over the weekend I had done something to my knee. Getting up out of a chair or climbing stairs it made a click or a snap. By Tuesday it was very swollen. Teague took me to Urgent Care. I wasn’t in pain. I had X-rays which only showed arthritis. The doctor prescribed short term dose of Prednisone for the inflammation, put me in a knee stabilizer, and sent me on my merry way.
3. I was told to start the medication the next morning. I have reactions to several medications and I was worried about taking this one and having a reaction.
4. I took the Prednisone after breakfast and had a little nausea, a very common side-effect. The nausea wore off by noon. I did not spoil Summer vacation.
5. We went to the beach at Lake Winnipesaukee. With the brace, I was able to walk to the water and wade up to my ankles so the brace wouldn’t get wet. Did I mention I did not ruin Summer vacation?
How was your week?

Oh no about the knee. It's good you could get an extra day, and at least get your feet wet. Did you get any rain Thursday. FRiday is looking a bit iffy right now, but if it doesn't rain, you can at least still get out. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteIt got threatening but we didn’t get rain. Because of the clouds no one went to the beach. We had the whole beach to ourselves! - CJ
DeleteIsn't it great, this aging thing.....we can now injure ourselves just rolling over in bed or getting up from a chair! Why didn't our elders warn us???????
ReplyDeleteWell, we’ll neglect to tell our offspring these things. - CJ
Delete