Monday, February 16, 2015

Library Card

With all the snow and to stave off boredom, I thought I'd download an e-book from the library.  I haven't read Written In My Own's Heart's Blood, the 8th book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. The book came out last year, and I thought everyone who would ever read it must have read it by now. Sadly, others using the e-library at the Boston Public Library hadn't read the book either, and the book was not available. Not to worry. I have a library card for Central Massachusetts.

I accessed the service, and got an error message telling me I need to see a librarian. That ain't gonna happen until August because of all the snow, I can't see around the snowbanks at the end of the driveway to back out. And what do I need to see a librarian about? Haven't used the card in years and have never taken out an e-book with it.

After struggling to remember user name and password, I finally get into my account. The reason I need to see a librarian? My library card expired. What the hell? A library card expires? Am I the only one who didn't know this?

1 comment:

  1. I blush to admit, I haven't checked out a book in years and would have no idea how to check out an ebook.
    Stay safe. I've been thinking about you.
    We're getting some white stuff now along with freezing rain. School closed at 3. We'll see what's going on tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete