Friday, February 20, 2015

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week

1. After a year of being unemployed, The Eldest finally got a job in a lab. It's through a temp agency and only for 3 months, but it's better than nothing. Fingers crossed it works into a permanent position.

2. Some day finally arrived. Since it's my slow season, I began cleaning and organizing the studio/basement in between shoveling and raking snow off the roof. I cleaned a pile of stuff and put it away that was living on the writing desk chair.

3. Ma and Dad stopped by in a dream. In the dream, we were going shopping to their favorite Mahket. Ma said she didn't want to go. Dream me knew this was a dream because shopping was one of Ma's favorite sports. She would never skip this outing at least not without a lot of fussing and whining. So Dad and I were left to go on our own. Dad dressed up as he usually did. Suit and tie. Favorite fedora (he never went anywhere without a hat), and a top coat. It was like the top coat detective Columbo wore though not as ratty. Funny, I don't remember Dad ever owning a coat like that.

4. With all the snow, the sleepy, little town where I live had some big excitement. The roof collapsed at the strip mall that houses the post office, dry cleaner, Edible Arrangements, bank, beauty salon and some assorted offices. Fortunately, the building was evacuated before the roof caved in and no one was hurt. Sad for the business losses.  Sutton Square Plaza Roof Collapse

5. On the nights Himself works late, The Eldest has invited me to marathon watch programs with her. We finished all 9 seasons of The X-Files, have watched assorted espisodes of classic Doctor Who. She introduced me to a (new for me) anime series, Death Note. It's about a young man who finds a notebook. If he writes someone's name and knows what they look like, he can cause their death. Along with the notebook, he gains a new companion,a shinigami (angel of death) called Ryuk (My favorite character). The young man, Light, decides evil people should die to make a better world.  So the dilemma, do you become evil if you kill bad people?

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. 1. Yay for the Eldest!
    2. Good for you!
    3. So nice when they drop by for a visit, isn’t it?
    4. Oh my! :(
    5. Interesting question……
    My week.....have a tummy bug :(

    ReplyDelete