Sunday, April 21, 2024

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Tomatoes in the hydroponic garden


Seedlings getting hardened to the elements


The mail carrier has been driving his truck over the ditch (it was filled in with a pipe about 20 years ago), but he's complaining. I called the Town Highway Department to see if there was something they could do. Afterall, the easement is their responsibility. They put us on a list to check it out and maybe fill it in with gravel or ground up asphalt. I think your name's on the list is like the check's in the mail.


A little woodpecker wasn't afraid as I came up the walk, but he moved so you can't really see him.


Awesome sunset

How does your garden grow?

13 comments:

  1. You must love getting tomatoes from your hydroponic garden. In April, long before tomato season. And it's great to see everything coming back to life, isn't it? Enjoy this lovely day. hugs--Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the town doing something! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I know, but when the mail carrier leaves a nasty note in the box about the condition of the access, I can write back, the town has put us on a repair list. 😺

      Delete
  3. We've had rain so i expect the weeds in the yard to really take off... uuugh.. The Wildflowers are going gangbusters.. Absolutely beautiful with orange Painted Daisy and the yellow Coreopsis.. the Bluebonnets have pretty much come and gone but the wild purple Verbena is still going strong.. Where would i be without my wildflowers?? So many more i don't know the name of.. The Devil's Bouquet is back this year.. Sunflowers are only coming up where i don't want them... so far.. OH ! I nicked and soaked some Red Yucca seeds and some Pride of Barbados seeds and guess what?? They nearly all sprouted!!! I've put them in some dirt... fingers crossed they continue!!
    I hope i can get the whole hardening off thing done right... I don't usually work with seeds.. Yours looks to be doing very well Cj! Hopefully someone can help you with that ditch!! And those tomatoes look awesome!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow on those Tomatoes! My wood strawberries have bloomed (not all of them) - I wonder why, it´s so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tomatoes look real big in the photo, but they are really cherry tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just planted my tomatoes, including cherry, outside, and already a couple have little yellow flowers on them. Yours are awesome. LOVE the bird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The found the feeder at Ocean State Job Lot (discount store) for $5!

      Delete