Sunday, November 15, 2015

Zen Garden

For quite some time, I've been envisioning a Zen garden where the pool used to be. I'm not great with plants, but I bet I can keep stone flourishing.  I asked M who mows the grass and blows the leaves if he could deliver stone. Christmas came early last week as M delivered 7 yards of grey, pea stone.

He and his crew de-leafed the 24 foot sand bed, pulled up weeds, leveled the sand, and raked out the stone.  He was so excited about this project, he's planning a Zen garden in his yard, too.

 I'll be gathering pictures and researching plants. The stone face I carved will be the first feature, and I've been looking at other statues to add to the stone sea. I've found some pretty cool things and I'm sure the garden will be more Zensical than Zen because that's how I roll. Dreaming and planning the garden will keep me occupied over the long, cold Winter months.

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this is going to be great!
    Love the picture of Ink on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how it turns out!! :)

    ReplyDelete