Friday, December 14, 2012

The Friday Five

My friend, Teague, took me into Boston yesterday for a day at the New England Historic Genealogical Society.

1. Before hitting the library, we had a quick lunch at Firehouse Subs.

2. I'm not a member of NEHGS, but could obtain a day pass to the library for $15.

3. I looked through death index books  for my great aunt and great uncle, Manny, the stonecutter. Found the death records and can now contact the city hall to see about getting a hard copy of the death certificate. I'm hoping it contains where they are buried.

4. I looked through marriage indexes but couldn't find their marriage record. I'm beginning to think Manny went back home to Torre le Nocelle, Italy to marry my great aunt.

5. We need to make another trip in as there was so much to look at on six floors. There were many beautiful, calligraphed family trees and other artwork. Next time, I'll have to ask if photographs inside are permitted.

Where has your research taken you?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! Hopefully they let you take pics next time. Research is something I could definitely improve on because I usually gloss over that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a cousin who has gotten much further than I! I'll leave it to him from now on!

    ReplyDelete