Monday, December 2, 2013

Don't Eat The Cookies

because they're not cookies. Last weekend, I helped Red to make some Christmas ornaments to decorate the Waters farm house for the upcoming Chain of Lights festival. We were talking about other Victorian era decorations to make. Gingerbread men was a thought, but because the house is old (built in 1759) and in the middle of woods and fields, little critters might be tempted to invade the house.

Over the weekend, I dug out the play dough recipe I used to make my girlies during my Earth mother phase. The clay is a variation of salt dough, and I added cinnamon for coloring. The "cookies" were baked in a slow oven for a couple of hours to speed drying time (and they made the house smell fabulous!) as they need to be delivered to Red on Wednesday. Cloves for eyes and buttons, and a fine point painty pen complete the details. The boys will just need a coat of spray sealer which will hopefully, keep any critters from taking a nibble.

3 comments:

  1. From the pic, I'm afraid I would have taken a bite thinking they were the real deal. Which they are:) just not real deal cookies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good enough to eat! ;) (Sorry, I had to.......)

    ReplyDelete