Saturday, March 19, 2016

Paper Crane

Along with a gift for Master Beef, I needed a card. Tried some ideas with karate figures on the front and inside: Martial Artists don't die, they just lose their punch. Meh. Not to mention 65 years isn't a death sentence. Back to the drawing board.

I needed something simply stated. Thought of an origami crane. The crane is a symbol of good health, longevity, truth and fidelity. Perfect. Now, I sometimes have trouble telling left from right so wasn't sure I'd be able to fold a paper crane. After some searching on YouTube, I found easy to follow instructions to fold an origami crane. The instructions very clear, photography easy to see, no inane chatter or gawdawful music.

I glued the paper crane to the front of some Strathmore cardstock and simply wrote Happy Birthday inside.

1 comment: