Friday, March 25, 2016

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Started watching the Netflix series Marco Polo. I had watched and liked a spinoff episode with Himself called 100 Eyes about a Shaolin monk captured and held by Kublai Khan. Himself kept telling me I'd like the series. I just thought it was going to be gratuitious sex and gore. Hey Kid! Oh my gawd, you're right! Great series.

2. My teacher, mentor, and friend, Callinana called me from her snowbird Florida nest. We had a nice chat. Except I forgot to ask her when she'll be North so we can meet and have lunch.

3. Tuesday, I spent the day adulting with The Young One. She closed her bank account and opened new ones where she doesn't have to pay any usurious bank fees. She filled out forms for an internship she'll be doing. We tried to have our hair cut, but the wait at the salon was too long. Ordered roast beef subs for us and The Eldest in a buy and fly. After all that adulting, I took a looong nap and then watched Jackie Chan in Shaolin.

4. The nuisance snow we had at the beginning of the week is gone. Good riddance.

5. There was a museum function happening when I showed up for my class. The studio was locked, and I couldn't get in. The guard at the security desk told me there was a new policy where all unused rooms had to be locked when the museum was closed, but there were visitors about. The security person who could open the studio was on break. I thought I would have a long wait and couldn't set up the classroom before students arrived. The guard came right away to unlock the door. He was so polite and courteous. After unlocking the door, he asked if there was anything else I needed, or that he could do. Courtesy. Such a little thing, but it made my day.

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. I find it a sad statement on our society that we now think that courtesy is above and beyond the call of duty. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they were courteous to you but saddened that is seems unusual. :-/

    ReplyDelete