Thursday, September 15, 2016

Throwback Thursday - The Notebooks

Many years later, he still played with the cart
To clear up some confusion, the Notebook passages posted on Throwback Thursday were written by my father and found by me after he passsed away. They were his attempt to tell the family history. He was in his late 80s or early 90s when he wrote them. Today's chapter:

Aunt Filomena also lived with us for a while. She was to take car of me and was dating. She was pinching me. I complained of course. No attention was paid. She did marry Michael Grifone and had 3 daughters, Mary and Clara and the third daughter. I forgot. She was a quiet girl. Married and went to New York state.

As a little boy I caused a lot of trouble.[ ed: from stories I heard about Dad growing up, he caused trouble as an older boy, too. (-; ] I had a little cart and I would push it to the end of the hall and hit the downstairs door.. I made a lot of noise my mother would ask me to please stop.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the entry. He got pinched, huh?
    Is that you in the wagon? You were such a cutie...and still are:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, but The Eldest is in the wagon. The photo is marked 21. July 1993, The Young One's first birthday. The Eldest was 5 years old and her playmate was 74. :-D

      Delete
  2. I love your father's memories! Pinched! LOL

    ReplyDelete