Thursday, September 8, 2016

Throwback Thursday - The Notebooks

My grandmother's dishes which must have rattled in the cabinet

To clear up some confusion, the Notebook passages posted on Throwback Thursday were written by my father and found by me after he passsed away. They were his attempt to tell the family history. He was in his late 80s or early 90s when he wrote them. Today's chapter:

I also remember when my mother was getting me ready for bed and I was horsing around and she was trying to get me to stop so she could finish. When the chair and the water tank began to shake. My mother said, "Oh, Dio!!!" [ed: Oh, God!] She knew what it was. It was an earth tremor. Everything settled down. [ed: The USGS lists two moderate earthquakes in Massachusetts, January 7 and April 24, 1925. "The epicenter of the January 7, 1925, shock was off Cape Ann; the reported felt area extended from Providence, Rhode Island, to Kennebunk, Maine." Dad would have been 5 or 6 years old.]

While I had brothers and sisters for some time I seemed to be alone. Although, Mario came 18 months after me.

1 comment: