Sunday, June 18, 2017

How Does Your Garden Grow?






The honeysuckle has started to bloom. Honeysuckle is a favorite of the hummingbirds. Haven't seen any hummers yet, but we did have a new visitor to the garden. I heard a very pretty, bird song coming from the honeysuckle vine. 


This handsome fella made his appearance. He's a Grey Catbird. He also kept going after his reflection in the kitchen window.


 When I fill the feeders I toss some seed on the ground for the ground feeders. This little gal decided to stop by for a snack at the front feeder. That's a turkey hen by the feeder.


I planted some more morning glories and moonflowers in a bucket by the sunroom door. The tomato cage will give them something to climb on.


I planted another morning glory in a small pot at the base of the gazing globe hook. The pot should protect the plant from the weedwhacker.


Absolutely gorgeous weather this week. We started the week with a heat wave (3 days of temps of 90o F. + ) My kind of weather. Mid-week temps and humidity dropped.  Some areas closer to Boston had a severe thunderstorm with heavy rains, high winds, and hail. No rain for us.

How does your garden grow?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely garden! Can't wait to see the morning glories in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so beautiful.
    I'm pulling and pitching morning glories.They are out to take over the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, your garden puts mine to shame. I'm glad I don't have someone to weed whack my plants. I get into enough trouble doing it myself (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The honeysuckle is looking good. And it probably smells wonderful too. 😀 Catching up today. It was a busy weekend. Stay cool. And I hope you don't get any bad storms this pm. Hugs erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking beautiful! I love the idea of the pot, to protect from the weedwacker! LOL!

    ReplyDelete