Sunday, August 30, 2026

The Sights Around Weirs Beach, New Hampshire

 Because The Two Old Ladies were away this past week, and decided to add an extra day to the trip, I wasn’t home to take pictures of the garden. Instead, I’ll show you some of the things I’ve taken pictures of. So in no particular order because Blogger doesn’t like the iPad I use when traveling 


Tuesday 8/25 Panicled Hydrangea around the pool


Morning Glories done for the day on the fence around the pool


Planter at the pool


The pool. I hung out by the stairs and rail soaking my knee in the cool water 


Zinnia by the pool


Earlier Tuesday morning Wearing my knee stabilizer and waiting to be discharged from Urgent Care


Monday 8/24 Sundaes for dinner at The Kellerhaus Candy House and Ice Cream


Amazing rainbow after a brief shower


It was actually a double rainbow over Lake Winnipesaukee


Owl thing to scare other things away at the pool


A view of the George Washington boat that offers excursions around Lake Winnipesaukee.


Hydrangeas and


Hosta around the pool.


Wednesday 8/26 clouds over the lake


The George Washington coming back to port


Waxing Gibbous Moon


Thursday 8/28 a stop at the Meredith Trading Post for souvenirs 


I thought the big bear would look cool in my front yard


A lone loon enjoying a swim at the beach


Dump Ducks aka Sea Gulls


The Tiki Boat returning to port


Cloudy skies so we had the beach to ourselves


I love puns


Downtown illuminated beach sign


Before the lunar eclipse. Clouds moved in so we couldn’t see the actual event


Friday 8/29 Sasquatches on our way to Gunstock Mountain Resort


Our cabana because we know how to beach


This little duck was wandering the beach all week. He came right up to me hoping I would have a treat for him. Sorry, Duckie


Full Moon Rising


Having a slice of pizza for dinner downtown across the street from the boardwalk


A Dump Duck having a bath in the lake


A sand castle 


Late afternoon, and we had the beach all to ourselves again


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful places! Thanks for sharing your photos. I'm sorry to see your knee in a brace, and that you had to go to urgent care. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a shower....lucky you. It never reached us on the south side which is weird because usually weather moves down the lake and then into my town. It is so dry. You had some super photos and it looks like a great time. And you do know the ship is the Mount Washington, often just called the Mount. I'm sure you do and the lovely auto fix AI changed it. Sounds like a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of those bears would be PERFECT for your yard! Do it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we had a roof rack that bear would have been in the witless protection program

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm, that pool!!! Oh, boy, we all have something, huh, knee, back... getting old is not for "Bangbüxen", my friend always says.
    That means Angst hase, scaredy-cat. And the moon and eclipse!
    Ahhh, beach and ocean, bet it was great times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beach was at a lake this trip not the ocean. A big lake called Winnipesaukee

      Delete
  5. that photo of the rainbow over the lake is the BEST !!! hope you had a great time and the knee is doing better ☺☺ ( can't upload pictures from the ipad either ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rainbow was amaze, amaze, amaze. I airdropped photos from the phone to the iPad. Then it took forever to figure out how to get them to upload to Blogger. A few 🤬words and it worked

      Delete
  6. Thank you for this super selection of photographs, I enjoyed seeing them.
    Hope your knee is feeling a little better now.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swelling is down and I was able to get an appointment with the doctor for Tuesday morning.

      Delete
  7. The Hydrangea are lovely.. and the pool inviting... your poor knee!! the rainbow is stunning... i like an empty beach.... in fact i plan on it...lol Thanks so much for sharing all your pics! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this little collection of moments from your trip. It really feels like you captured the whole character of Weirs Beach, from the flowers around the pool and that cheeky little duck looking for a treat, to the boats coming and going on Lake Winnipesaukee. The double rainbow must have been such a beautiful surprise after the shower, and I had to smile at the thought of the big bear possibly ending up in your front yard. There is something especially lovely about having the beach almost entirely to yourself on a cloudy afternoon, when everything feels quieter and more relaxed. Even missing the lunar eclipse because of the clouds, you still managed to come away with plenty of memorable moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wiers is a lovely area. A combination of quiet and noise. We always have a nice time when we are there.

      Delete