Monday, September 21, 2026

Monet, Miro, and Me

 

are admiring a gift my student, "N", made for me. "N" is an incredibly, talented artist. This is the 5th class she has taken with me. What's astonishing about her talent is she just learned a Blackletter script this past Summer. Which means she taught herself this stunning variation!

The piece reads Valar Morghulis. It comes from Game of Thrones and means "all men must die". The typical response is Valar Dohaeris meaning "all men must serve."

"N", thank you so much for this incredible gift.

8 comments:

  1. A special gift for sure! You must be a great teacher in more than one way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think of what I do as teaching as I'm not trained as a teacher. I share what I learned or know how to do.

      Delete
  2. How nice your student thought of you :) Its just lovely! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice gift, and a lovely surprise.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete