I didn't intend to make this outing a T Day post. I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and would be teaching the first calligraphy class of the Wednesday night classes. Himself suggested after the appointment, we stop for a late lunch at The Outback as it was just down the street from the doctor's office. Then I could get ready for class and not worry about having dinner.
Whenever I eat out at a restaurant, I usually push half of the food aside to take home. I had sirloin steak with coconut shrimp, asparagus, and a baked sweet potato. For my beverage, I had a Blackberry Refresher which is sparkling soda over blackberries, cranberry juice and lime.
We also put in a take-out order for the Eldest so while waiting for that and the check, Himself saw a video on the point of sale unit at another table
![]() |
| picture from the Outback website |
with a Koala bear floating in a beverage. I couldn't quite see and the unit on our table wasn't activated. When the waitress returned, I asked if the drink was alcoholic. She said it was, but it could be made non-alcoholic. I didn't really want another beverage, I just wanted the cute Koala. She said, for an extra dollar, she would get me one. I asked for a blue one.
The Koala bear is actually shaped like a rubber ducky. He's the new desk companion and his name is Bruce.
Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth’s blog to find out what the rest of the T gang is up to. If you want to play, include a beverage or beverage container in your post. Don’t forget to link your blog from Bleubeard and Elizabeth’s page.


Bruce is a cutie pie! I haven't had OutBack in years... not since we discovered the RoadHouse... lol ... We usually take half our food home too... and try to eat a late lunch and don't worry much about supper.. How did class go?? Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteClass was lots of fun. Some repeat students and some new students. The class dynamics is awesome
DeleteAll the Outbacks around us have closed, but I'd go to one and spend $1 to get a Bruce. He's adorable. He makes a great T day post. Enjoy yours.
ReplyDeleteSame here about Outbacks closing. I love their coconut shrimp
DeleteThe Roadhouse and Outback in our town are in shopping centers on either side of the road, very close to one another. I haven’t been there in ages, and I’m not sure that I have been to the local ones, I think only when traveling. Maybe I should try one. Sounds as if you really like it.
ReplyDeletebest… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
I love any opportunity when I don't have to cook especially if it involves coconut shrimp
DeleteWelcome to the coven, Bruce! 😂😂😂😂
ReplyDelete🤣 I love it!
DeleteWhat a cute story about how you got Bruce. The food looks yummy. I sometimes try to bake my sweet potato, but I can never get it like in a restaurant.
ReplyDeleteHappy T-Day,
Lisca
In this restaurant they bake the potato with brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Like a dessert 😊
DeleteI love Outback! We have one close to where we live located in Wyomissing. The bear is cute.
ReplyDeleteOutback is a fun restaurant
Deleteexcellent suggestion about having a take home box, ready to place have your order ready to go. There are no Outbacks in our area any more.
ReplyDeleteMany of them are closing in the surrounding towns
DeleteHello to Bruce ... who does look cute :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I just couldn't resist him
DeleteCoconut shrimp is my favorite at Red Lobster. But haven’t been there or Outback in years. Happy T Day! Foxy Stamping- Sharon
ReplyDeleteWe don't have a Red Lobster restaurant in Massachusetts
DeleteSo nice to eat out. We haven't been to Outback in years. There is only one and it's 90 miles away. The food sounds good and that drink as well as the drink.
ReplyDeleteYeah, 90 miles is too far to travel to a restaurant.
DeleteLove the story behind Bruce. Your meal looks delicious. I've never been to an Outback. I might go just for my own Bruce (grin). Thanks for sharing your meal, your blackberry refresher, and Bruce with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.
ReplyDeleteIt was a special promotion so go quickly before it ends. Or call ahead to see if they have Bruce available
DeleteWe don't have an Outback Steakhouse in town, but I really like their steak dinners. That koala bear is a cutie. Happy T is for Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteOutback has good food and Bruce was too cute to resist.
DeleteHi Bruce! I have a Nellie. Bet they´d like each other!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they would
Delete