Tuesday, July 18, 2023

T Stands for 10th Anniversary T Day Reveal


Today, we're celebrating the Tenth Anniversary of Tea Day by revealing what we received/sent for the T Day swap. As is my custom when participating in an exchange, I send an exchange to the host.

The requirement for the envelope was that it had to use stamps and not metered mail. For the stamps, I used the Global African Daisy, the Celebration stamp, and a Bugs Bunny stamp issued in 2020 and celebrating Bugs' 80th birthday. If you look closely at the bottom, right side of the stamp, you will see a bottle which I assume is carrot juice and one of the drink references for today.

As a requirement for the T Day post, Elizabeth asked us to include a 10 somewhere in the post. On the envelopes that I sent Elizabeth and my partner, Patty, I wrote "Ten" on the rubber stamped tea pot.

 Bleubeard and Squiggle's names were written on two of the rubber stamped teacups. Everything was colored in with colored pencils. I also used a gold and white Gelly Roll pen.


The exchange I signed up for was to send a postcard and two teabags. So, did I remember to take a picture of what I sent to Elizabeth and Patty? Nope. I made an envelope booklet which measured 3 in. x 3 in. It would look similar to this.

Elizabeth's booklet was pink, tied with variegated crochet yarn with a rocking horse charm attached. Patty's booklet was orange fastened with a scrap of orange ribbon and a flower charm. The colors were chosen as the first papers out of the scrap box. 

Tucked in the pocket of the booklet was a Bigelow Blueberry and Acai teabag and a Bigelow I Love Lemon teabag. I included a note saying I like blending the teas together and serving iced. I also sent two, blue, polka dotted, cocktail napkins. (I think.)

Even though I made the booklets far in advance, I didn't send things off until the deadline loomed closer. I was worried I would miss the July 3rd deadline so mailed the postcard with a picture of the map of Massachusetts separately. I knew the postcard would arrive by the deadline. As it turned out, the post office delivered for me and both packages arrived in time.


My partner, Patty presented her swap wrapped in a pretty bee napkin held together with lovely, Washi tape which can be reused. Patty hand-made a gorgeous, collaged postcard. Before the swap, Patty and I exchanged email, and I told her my favorite tea blend is Early Grey so she sent me two Numi Organic Earl Grey. 

Patty no longer has a blog, but if you're on Instagram you can view Patty's beautiful work.

Thank you, Elizabeth for hosting a fun swap and congratulations on ten years of T Days.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

40 comments:

  1. Your envelope is brilliant! Happy Anniversary T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, I love your envelopes, I totally forgot to take photos too of what I mailed off to Elizabeth and my swap partner-oh well-
    Happy T 10th anniversary Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The arrangement of stamps and images on your envelope is really effective. So pretty!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and fitting envelope - happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swaps are fun! Love your envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful exchange CJ. I just LOVE that envelope design you sent. Happy Anniversary T! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squiggles is SO happy you included him in the envelope. He always gets left out, so when he sees his name, he feels special, too. As for me, I am in postage stamp heaven. Love the adorable postage stamps you used, and also the totally awesome teapot and stacked cups you colored so beautifully. It was also lovely seeing what Patty created for you. Patty makes a lot of her art cards and such from her amazing eco-dyeing. I would give anything to get even slightly similar results.

    Thanks for sharing yours and Patty's swap items with us for T this very special 10th anniversary T Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Squiggles was pleased seeing his name. Patty's package is such a treasure.

      Delete
  8. Happy TSFT 10th Anniversary wishes! I loved visiting you today, the envelope and ATCs are so beautiful, perfect to celebrate this special day and join the T Party ๐Ÿ˜Š. Happy T Tuesday celebrations! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful envelopes, Happy T Anniversary. Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Y'all got into the true spirit of it :) Happy 10th T Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the rubber stamp set last year, but didn't have time to play. I was happy I was able to use them. Too fun

      Delete
  11. Your envelopes are beautiful and you received lovely artwork from Patty. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The envelope is fabulous as is the art. I love the tea pot pouring the tea. Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful envelope- love that Bleubeard and Squiggles got their own cups! Patty's art is always fabulous and I love the napkin she wrapped everything in! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw that postcard on Elizabeth's mail pile and I guessed it was from you. How is Patty? I miss her on T day, and it is great to see her exchanges. I also just love your envelope with the tea pot and Bleubeard and Squiggles' tea cups. It's lovely, and you had some great stamps on it too. I hope it was a love T day and you're not getting any bad storms tonight. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a quick downpour this afternoon, but that was it. Though we didn't really need more rain.

      Delete
  15. I love that you personalized the teacups with the kitties names. Beautifully done. Happy TSFT 10th Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Special T-day, CJ. Love your envelope and stamps - I totally forgot to do something fun on the envelope! Great items you received from Patty. Love that she handmade her envelope and that napkin is beautiful. Have a fab week and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. That really sounds like a fun exchange - and you cleverly hid the number 10 on your envelope. I wouldn't have discovered it without your hint!
    Thanks also for your comment on the subject of separate blankets ๐Ÿ˜Š. In Austria (and some other European countries) it is common for double beds to have separate blankets - and I absolutely cannot understand why it is different in other countries. Aside from the very first infatuation, most people will have a problem with shared duvets, right? I love to travel and I love my husband (most of the time ๐Ÿ˜‰) but I HATE those shared blankets so I always carry an extra sheet for me. But if there are two beds, then we sleep in separate beds.
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ❤️๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ

    PS: Belated happy T-Day! ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As to the separate blankets, I wondered why I waited so long! ๐Ÿ˜บ

      Delete
  18. It is nice to see all these things exchanged during this T-anniversary. The way stamps were arranged on the envelope is awesome and pretty. Good swap with Patty too. Thanks for sharing with us all these photos. Happy 10th T anniversary and belated T-Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the treasures everyone sent and received

      Delete
  19. Happy (belated) 10 years of Tea Tuesday! - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete