Monday, July 29, 2013

The Back Bay Fens

Reflection of the Prudential Tower in the Muddy River
After touring the Gardner, we crossed the street to take a walk in the Back Bay Fens along the Muddy River. The Fens is one of nine green park spaces through the city of Boston. The nine parks designed by Frederick Law Olmstead make up the park system known as the Emerald Necklace

I've only visited two of the parks in the chain, The Boston Common and The Public Gardens. This unknown to me gem was vibrant with walkers, joggers, and bicyclists. There were also lots of geese roaming the park. Fowl takes on a whole new meaning with geese.

Are there green areas in your city?

3 comments:

  1. Emerald Necklace....what a beautiful name for a park system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE discovering a new park! I guess it reminds me of childhood. There are still parks here I have to look forward to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a 'String of Pearls' walk down here. Yet to do it though. Parks seem to be getting much more popular lately.

    ReplyDelete