Thursday, October 8, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Vision Board


Over the Summer, we made a vision board in my Art of Stress Relief class. We imagined a place we would like to be. A safe haven. My vision board involved a lighthouse studio. In one of the pictures, there was a shadowy figure by a table. I imagined this would be the person who would clean up after me.

I had always thought my perfect gift would be a wife. I've since had a change of heart and reflected on this. The (gift) wife would be the one that would do all the mundane tasks. Cooking, cleaning, laundry. Everything necessary to keep the house spinning like a top. I explained why I didn't want a maid as a maid would need a day off. A wife would be available 24/7.

However, just like the maid, the (gift) wife would need some time for herself. She'd also need someone to talk to, interact with, spend time with in order to keep her sanity. I don't need a wife. What I want is a Robby. Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet. I don't want the evil Robby that guest starred an an episode of Lost in Space.

Why a robot? I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with feelings or feeling guilty. A robot is a machine. Robby would take care of all the mundane tasks and chores around the house. He could cook, clean, sew, and drive. I could spend my time creating, taking classes, going to art retreats and conferences, being lazy, going out to lunch, binge watching Doctor Who (wait, I already do that) Anyway, if you ask me what I want as a gift? I want Robby.

3 comments: