Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wed Letter Day


Week 2. The Greek letter Delta which became the Roman D. My drawing is also a fractal, a shape made up smaller parts of the whole. This triangular arrangement is known as the Sierpinski triangle named after the Polish mathematician who described the figure in 1916.

I was insufferably pleased with myself for thinking of this fractal shape. Math is not a strong suit for me. The Young One offers a reason why my math skills are lacking, but the answer is in tomorrow's post. (-;

How many triangles can you count?

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool! I stopped counting at 65 when I realized there'd be so many more. I'm not a mathy person either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped counting at 100 and I think I will be seeing triangles all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!

    I ain't counting all those triangles...like Linda, I'd be seeing them all day.

    Can't wait to see what the Young One's opinion of your math skills is.

    ReplyDelete