Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tools, Gadgets, and Widgets

Another set of desktop widgets I rely heavily on are the sidebar widgets that come with Vista and Windows 7.  I found the widgets I use the most at the Widget Gallery.  I like the sidebar gadgets as they fit neatly in the sidebar on the right hand side of the monitor.

I sometimes lose track of time so the Desktop clock is modified to 60% is large enough for me to see (the 100% view is enormous) and comes with the added feature of displaying the date.

Moonphase II is a bit of fun as I'm a firm believer in the full noon bringing the crazies out of the woodwork. Can't help it. I worked in a hospital a million years ago and the ER was always hopping when the full moon came out.

I'm a weather nut and the weather widget satisfies that craving. Expanding the widget gives me a 3 day forecast or I can follow a link to see a more detailed forecast.

iOutlook syncs with my Outlook calendar. Out of all the calendars around, I like Outlook the best as I can color code appointments. The widget gives me a 3, 5 or 10 appointment snapshot.

The sidebar comes with a daily calendar, but it's orange. Not my color. I like the Ice Blue calendar better. Nice to see future or past dates without having to call up Outlook.

If you're a widget junkie, what widgets do you find most useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment