Friday, May 25, 2012

The Friday Five

This week seems to have revolved around food. Nothing unusual there, but I did eat lunch out twice this week. Five things I like about Panera Bread.

1. Vanilla Chai. It comes molten so the top must be popped to let it cool

2. The chips. Thin, crispy, and just the right amount of salt

3. I'm partial to the Napa Almond Chicken Salad or the Tomato and Mozzarella Panini. This time around I tried the Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT.

4. The bakery items are too irresistible. Hard to choose just one. Thumbs up to the Pecan Roll.

5. The Young One and I stopped in for lunch.Nice to be included in her interests as she told me about her classes and things she wants to work on. She also picked up the tab for lunch. Priceless.

This was the first time I've had avocado. Everyone seems to rave about it. I thought it was pretty meh. If you're an avocado fan, what did I miss?

3 comments:

  1. Avocado was meant to be eating as guacamole. :)

    I like Panera Orange Scones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They often need a bit of salt to bring out the flavour. Adore avocadoes but only from Mexico (we often have either Chilean or Peruvian offered here, my theory is they pick them too green to ship them this far, flavour lost completely). Guacamole is the preferred serving around here too Erica. Add some sour cream, salt and salsa to a mashed avocado and either eat with nachos or I will even spread it on baguette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panera, yay! Husband agrees with you about the pecan rolls. I don’t think you missed anything about the avocado. They are pretty bland, and downright yucky if not ripe. You might want to try one with a splash of balsamic vinegar for a bit of zip.

    ReplyDelete