Monday, November 25, 2013

Ear Worm

"Wheat Thingies",  altered book spread commemorating
 July 2006 road trip to Sunrise, Minnesota, birthplace of Richard Widmark, 
This morning, I woke up with an ear worm. I know where I got it, too. On Saturday, I brought some paper, ribbons, lace and stuff over to Red's. She's on the Waters' Farm Preservation Society Board. The farm will be one of the stops on the town's Chain of Lights Festival

Red is in charge of making decorations for the farmhouse built in 1759, and I told her I would help. So a few of us sat around her kitchen table making Victorian Cone Ornaments, snowflakes and paper chains.

Talk around the table turned to preserving agricultural history through song. That's when I started thinking of

Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow.
Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow.
Do you, or I, or anyone know,
How oats, peas, beans, and barley grow?

2 comments:

  1. Don't you HATE when that happens? Husband is fond of ‘planting’ songs and jingles in my head and then laughing like crazy when I can't get them out. He's evil incarnate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaargh......! I have my hands over my ears as I type so any '70s power ballads can't get in :0

    ReplyDelete