Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Friday Five

Five movies I want to see.

1. All is Lost with my hero, Robert Redford. Teague and I were supposed to go see it on its opening day, but I got whacked with a cold I can't seem to shake.

2. Thor, The Dark World. I like the action films from the Marvel pantheon and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is packaged nicely.

3. Captain Phillips, the story of the captain of an American cargo ship that was hijacked by pirates. I like Tom Hanks

4. Carrie the remake. The ending of the original film with Sissy Spacek in the title role scared the willies out of me when I saw it at the theater for the first time eons ago. The original was silly in places, but I had a crush on William Katt who played the young man who takes Carrie to the prom. Piper Laurie who played Carrie's whackjob of a mother in the original was magnificent. Not sure how Julianne Moore will measure up in that role.

5. Gravity. The trailer looked pretty good for this sci-fi adenture, but this film got so much hype I wonder if it's just lost in space.

Have you seen any of these movies?

2 comments:

  1. Packaged nicely....yes indeed. Heading to the theater today.
    Saw Gravity, the hubs raved about it. I thought it was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a movie since.....Toy Story (the original one)...? I have no patience for the cost of the tickets, the overpriced candy & popcorn or the other patrons. It's better that I stay home and watch Cable TV! ;)

    ReplyDelete