Sunday, May 24, 2015

The New Neighbors

I have new neighbors. Hidden in the honeysuckle vine is a sparrow nest. The nest belongs to a pair of Chipping Sparrows. The female began building their nest last week. I'm pretty sure this is the first pair of birds that arrived at the feeder. The male flies out of the vine and sits on the gutter surveying the area. When he determines everything is safe his mate flies over to the feeder.

She must have laid her clutch of eggs because I can see the ruddy cap of her head peeking through the leaves.  I can't seem to get a decent picture from the inside of the sun room. I don't want to go outside to try to get a picture. I don't want to frighten her into scrambling the eggs, and the male is pretty aggressive.

Any birds roosting around your yard?

1 comment:

  1. No birds here sine we cut down the 'apartment house'. They've moved to the neighbors....can't say I miss the mocking bird at 3AM!

    ReplyDelete