Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fruit with Mint

One of the desserts at Twig's Cafe at Tower Hill Botanic Garden was watermelon and mint. I think there were a couple of other melons in the mixture, but I forget which ones. It was hot and humid and the dessert sounded very refreshing, but we skipped dessert.

Himself planted some peppermint to help keep the critters in the garden at bay. He also has a ton of peppermint and now a way to use it.

Last week, we had casaba melon and mint. Heavy on the mint. It was very refreshing and we learned a leaf dot is a lot. This week, the blend was honeydew melon, strawberries, and black berries. Dressed with Cool Whip.  I had mine over a slice of pound cake. Simple and elegant.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how the mint goes, it can be very invasive. I raised it once because a cat I had in the past LOVED mint. Mint and turkey were his faves. I didn't realize other animals didn't like it. Very interesting:)
    Have a good one and keep us posted on the garden.

    ReplyDelete