Monday, August 1, 2016

Aurora

Seeing the Aurora Borealis is one of the things on my bucket list. Every time it's been visible in my area, the weather doesn't cooperate or I'm at the wrong elevation. Figured the only way to see an aurora would be to paint one.

I found a tutorial on YouTube on how to paint an aurora. The tutorial by the Art Sherpa, was fun but overly long. The video was over an hour long and most of that time she spent on inane chatter. Thank Gawd for being able to fast forward through the video.

I changed up some of the colors used as I didn't have the same ones as the tutorial. I also went over the sky with a glitter varnish to add some extra sparkle.

I enjoyed the process, but will do things differently next time. That's the point isn't it? Ancora Imparo. I'm still learning.


4 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job! On my bucket list too.
    How was your bday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The day itself was nice. Spent in the beloved sun room. But, like trying to see the aurora, timing for the family celebration was off. The Young One came home sick after her vacation with her Young Man and his family. We're hoping to try again for a movie and dinner out this weekend, if no one else falls to the Summer Cold :-D

      Delete