Friday, April 21, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. The sunroom is open for the season!

2. Breakfast in the sunroom. Lots of activity at the feeder. Lots of birds, the male cardinal, and Timex sat in the hatch and stuffed his face. A robin had a splash in the bird bath and a squirrel took a drink too.

3. Watched the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who.

4. Made Easter egg bread and the traditional roast leg of lamb. Was such a warm day we had dinner in the sunroom

5. Met the New Girl, and her Little Girl. Brought a plant and a crochet panda, for the Little Girl. Asked a favor, if the lawn service could park his equipment in her driveway when he came to mow my lawn like he used to when he mowed Prissy's lawn. No problem. New Girl showed me the inside of the house. Prissy wouldn't recognize it. The wood floors were refinished. The kitchen was remodeled. Beautiful! I told her there were happy memories in the house, and I hoped she would be happy there, too.

The Little Girl gave me some stickers, a picture, and some fairy dust (dirt and gravel from the driveway)

How was your week?

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe the hubby didn't wait for me to watch the new Dr. Who. I've been a bit preoccupied and totally missed this. And thanks for reminding me about the Van Gogh episode yesterday. I remember that one-it was a good one! I'm going to see if I can find it to rewatch it. :) Sounds like a good week for you. I lvoe that all the birds are coming back-I put my hummingbird feeder out the otherr day. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doctor Who is on Amazon. The new season episode will be repeated Saturday at 8 pm. on BBC America. They also run Doctor Who all day on Tues. Currently showing David Tennant episodes.

      Delete
  2. LOVED your Friday Five. Would LOVE to have a lawn service. My yard is starting to feel a bit big for me, even if the front is mostly filled with the "flower bed." Hope New Girl is happy in her new home.

    LOVED to read your sunroom is open for the season. I'll expect photos soon (HINT).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be more talk and pictures from the sunroom. You'll end up sick of hearing sunroom, sunroom, sunroom

      Delete
  3. CJ; sounds like a good week and I hope your weekend is a great one ! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Reggie weekend so it will be busy and fun. Hope you have a good weekend, too. Headbutts to all the Tabbies.

      Delete
  4. I love the fairy dust! LOL! Enjoy your sunroom! Your Easter egg bread sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't the fairy dust cute? The Little Girl is so adorable.

      Delete