Monday, November 6, 2017

Housewarming Gift


The Nephew's bride invited us to see their new home. I wanted to bring something as a housewarming gift. I got the idea from one of my friends. She makes money bouquets to give as gifts.

Pretty easy to put together. You need a container. A posey. Some cash. I made a couple of dollar bill origami hearts and a few lollipop flowers. While browsing Michael's for a posey and lollipop stick, I found the cute birds in a nest doodah and couldn't resist. I had a mason jar and some tulle and ribbon to make a bow. The round flowers are held together with removable tape  No bills were harmed during the production.

Such a cute and useful gift, if I do say so myself. And a gift isn't a gift unless there's a card to go with it. The card is done in the style of Joanne Fink's Zenspirations. The lettering style is based on Frank Lloyd Wright's Eaglefeather font.



Micron Pigma Pen, watercolor pencils on Strathmore announcement card

16 comments:

  1. You've got a winner of an idea CJ. I love it. Think I will remember that to use next time I need a little gift. (Love that you can make those bills whatever denomination you need also). CUTE card. I think it was a great housewarming gift. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great idea for the people who have everything

      Delete
    2. That's a great idea, love how you created those special flowers. The card is fantastic, too; love the lettering. Hugs, Valerie

      Delete
    3. Happily, the Internet has lots of good and unique ideas

      Delete
  2. Super cute idea for the card. Mason jars are so in right now, love the blue tint. Your card is the cutest! Love the illustration and the lettering pairs perfectly. Hope you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Joanne Fink's Zenspiration style. So much happy

      Delete
  3. Color me impressed. The ideal gift, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to give $$ bouquets too! It makes an impressive gift! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were surprised when they realized what was tucked in among the flowers

      Delete
  5. What a lovely idea 😁. I've never seen a money bouquet before and yours looks such a pretty house warming gift - perfect! The card is beautiful too, I love the sentiments you used 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy gift to put together. The sentiment was an Irish blessing I found while trolling the Interwebs.

      Delete
  6. What a purrfectly awesome gift and card. Those would sell like hot cakes in gift shops. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done CJ!! "No bills were harmed during the production." LOL! I really think this is an awesome gift! I love the card too!

    ReplyDelete