Saturday, February 29, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:



Walt Disney's Pinocchio (1940) 

If you haven't seen this movie, you might be able to find it for loan at your local library.

22 comments:

  1. Wow! A film I have heard of AND seen when I was a kid - wonders never cease! Enjoy your Saturday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie in years (decades). Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one of the Young One's favorites when she was a toddler.

      Delete
  3. Pinocchio and Dumbo are by far my least favorites of Disney's films (that I've seen). Everybody else likes them, though, so we'll just dismiss my odd opinion as an outlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. Maybe you'll like next week's film better, or not. 😉

      Delete
    2. It pleases me no end that there are uncountable numbers of movies out there for every taste. My taste can be a bit odd, but there's still plenty to watch :)

      Delete
  4. Son1 was absolutely entranced with this movie when he was little! So much so that we bribed a clerk at the video store to sell us a much used copy when Disney was taking it off the rental market! (I think his tears when she first said no helped! Never underestimate the effect of a crying toddler on a teenage girl! LOL) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard the story, but never saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney's version is most likely a lot happier than the original story

      Delete
  6. This one used to scare me as a kid. Maybe now that I am well into my life I should check it out again. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some dark moments in the film. Are you ready to go back to school this week?

      Delete
  7. I too remember this :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful movie! I love everything Disney and haven't seen this one for quite a while, I remember watching it every Christmas when I was a child - perfect 😁. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete