Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Avatar


Yesterday afternoon, we went to see Avatar. The Young One, especially had expressed interest in seeing it after we saw the trailer. Himself ordered tickets online to the Imax 3D theater. I'm so glad we got the tickets ahead of time because the movie has been sold out, every show this week until New Year's Day. Even though we got to the theater with plenty of time to spare, the theater was packed, and we ended up having to sit down front.


I was a little worried the movie wouldn't live up to all the hype, but it did. In one word, it was wicked!
The Young One is heavily into computer games and graphics. She thought the movie was Halo2 and 3, and Assassin's Creed rolled into one. The movie also liberally borrowed from The Dragon Riders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey.
All in all great special effects and CGI. The Imax seats were equipped with an individual sound system called a butt kicker. You felt the movie as well as watched it. I was a little worried about watching the movie in 3D as I am prone to vertigo, but I didn't really have much to worry about. I think if we were sitting further up, I might have felt the theater start spinning, but sitting in the third row, I was able to look at the bottom of the screen to ground me.
If you can't get enough of the movie or just want to play, you can Avatarize yourself. I just love me as one of The People. My favorite color for skin tone, and no double chin! I haven't been that thin in some 25 years though I never had a graceful swan neck.

2 comments:

  1. I see you........

    I really enjoyed Avatar! My family saw it in 3D on Christmas Eve and we all loved it! I thought it a fun movie. :)

    I must say, blue looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete