Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Front Window

A peek out the window last night before bed had us wondering what all the storm talk was about. Didn't look like much was happening. Sure, it was snowing, but it wasn't bad. (I'm not complaining, by the way).

Amazing how a few hours can change things. This is the view from the front window at 7:30 AM. The wind is howling and blowing the snow. I can barely see Prissy's house across the street. Because of all the blowing and drifting snow, it's hard to tell how much snow has fallen. I can still see the bird feeder (object in the center of the picture) so the snow hasn't gotten up over that (yet). The mailbox (to the right of the birdfeeder) isn't buried, though some of that snow will be due to the plow. Weather dudes are saying we have around 20 inches on the ground in my area, and it will continue to snow for the rest of the day.

So far we are doing well, she said as she rapped the table three times. We still have electricity. Happy dance! I've already had my second cup of tea (just in case). God bless the weather. God bless the electric company. God bless Mr. Franklin and Mr. Edison.

The governor had declared a state of emergency yesterday afternoon at 1 pm. All non-essential, state employees were sent home. Himself teaches at a state college.  Happily, the college closed, and he came home before the storm got started.

The girlies are both home. The up side of them being currently unemployed.

I decided to hibernate this Winter so no classes for me.

Prissy went to stay with her daughter so no worrying about her.

We are all safe and snug. I hope you are safe and snug, too.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I've never experienced more than 2 inches of snow. That would be quite an experience I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrinda, this kind of weather isn't unusual for New England. Yeah, the first time you see mounds of snow, it's thrilling. It gets old pretty fast when you have to shovel it. (-;

      Delete
  2. Nothing like a state of emergency to bring the family together! Snuggle down and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete