Saturday, June 15, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Houdini (1953) Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh

18 comments:

  1. Once again, not seen it or heard of it. But I have heard of the actors, that's something! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't one of his block-buster movies, but it was entertaining.

      Delete
  2. Loved this movie! I also liked the remake with Paul Michael Glaser and Sally Struthers in it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that one, too. Curtis is prettier =^,.^=

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen this, but as I google it I see good reviews. He lived a fascinating life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably a romanticized version of Houdini's life. Curtis and Leigh were Hollywood's golden couple and at this time in their lives, they work well together.

      Delete
  4. Like Valerie, I've never heard of this film, so I obviously have never seen it. However, I DO know who Houdini is, so that might count for something (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know this movie at all, but I do like Tony Curtis. I was just reading about him the other day, mainly in relation to his daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis. Do you know his disowned all his kids at the end and left everything to his most recent wife? No sure if that is good or bad but it was a curious fact. Happy weekend. Hope you are enjoying this day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I read that about him. Rather sad that whatever differences the kids and he had, that they couldn't reconcile.

      Delete
  6. I fell in love with Tony Curtis (didn't last long) and Janet Leigh. Loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curtis was so dreamy with the dark curly hair and blue eyes

      Delete
  7. well...i'm trying to remember - did I see it or not years ago. I'm stumped, lol. But I've definitely heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add it's probably on YouTube and you might even find it for free

      Delete
  8. I've always enjoyed watching Tony Curtis in films and TV shows … :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete