Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Adventures of the Poor, Little Boob

  This journal is about my journey with DCIS which began in January 2024. Ductal Carcinoma in Situ. A form of breast cancer. I didn't tell many people. Family, a handful of close friends. I didn't even tell my bosses at the museum where I teach. Somewhere along the line after much prodding and poking, I decided the My DCIS Journey was too boring so retitled the journal Adventures of the Poor, Little Boob.

The Poor, Little Boob has been cancer-free since June 0f 2024, and still has another year of taking hormone therapy and being monitored by an oncologist. My target date for ending the medication and this journey is June1, 2027


After meeting with the surgeon at Dana-Faber Cancer Institute in Boston, I was supposed to meet with the surgical oncologist. She wasn't available to arrangements were made the following day to meet with her over Zoom so I didn't have to make the trip into Boston again.

She told me radiation treatment after the surgery may not be needed, but that decision would be made based on the lumpectomy pathology report. If radiation was required it would be done Monday through Friday for however many days of treatment. I asked if I could have the treatments at the Milford Campus so I didn't have to commute to Boston for several days or live in a hotel close to Dana-Farber. What a relief to hear, yes, that can be arranged.




No comments:

Post a Comment