Friday, June 23, 2017

The Friday Five Good Things


 Five good things that happened this week.

1. The hummingbird stopped by. Rested on the morning glory cage before flitting off. He was too fast for me to get a picture.

2. Himself went out early to buy donuts and a chai for me before I left for Reggie's class.

3. Gorgeous weather for the Solstice.

4. After hearing people give high marks to Hidden Figures, we rented the movie. All those who gave it thumbs up didn't steer us wrong. A really interesting story of the African-American women who broke gender and race roles at NASA in the 1960s.

5. I lost the magnetic sunglass clip for my glasses. Got a call that the replacement was in, and I could pick it up.

How was your week?

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Hidden Figures. I have never seen a hummingbird in person. Need to keep my eyes peeled and look up what flowers attract them. Talk to you soon😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hummingbirds are attracted to trumpet like flowers. Honeysuckle, pentunias are flowers I've seen in my garden they like.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week. 😀 Hidden figures was an excellent film. The book is even better if you are inclined to read it. Hope it's a good weekend. Hugs erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing special planned but should be a good weekend.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, it must be amazing to see hummingbirds in your garden 😀. I remember seeing them when we visited an old ghost town called Madrid in New Mexico, they were very attracted to my hubby's colourful T-shirt. I've had a fun week too - catching up with friends, walking, tandem riding and shopping with my mum. Enjoy your day, thanks for the happy memories and wishing you a wonderful weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hummingbirds, usually ruby throated, are like jewels. Their feathers are iridescent. Greenish-blue backs and heads with red under their throat.

      Delete
  4. Always glad to hear you had a good week! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most weeks are good weeks. And even when things don't go as planned, there's at least one thing that's a bright spot.

      Delete
  5. I got two hummingbird feeders, made special sugar water (found recipe on internet), and waited. I've yet to see a hummingbird. I don't think they come to Kansas. I know if I didn't live here, I probably wouldn't.

    I read the book, and loved it. Glad the movie was everything you hoped it would be. Have a great Friday and weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try planting flowers they are attracted to. then when they do show up you can add the feeder.

      Delete
  6. A good week for you!!! Mine has been too! Busy, but good!

    ReplyDelete