Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Night at the Movies A to Z



I must have seen Shenandoah a hundred times, and I never get tired of it. I just love James Stewart as no nonsense farmer, Charlie Anderson. Anderson won't support his Confederate homeland because he doesn't believe in slavery. He's opposed to the North because he doesn't believe in war. His hope is to mind his own business and his farm. Charlie's plans are dashed when his youngest son, mistaken for a confederate soldier, is taken prisoner. Charlie moves heaven and earth to try to find his boy.

As many times as I've seen this movie, I always get teary eyed especially at the ending.

What's your pick for the letter S? I think I know your pick, Erica. Something to do with yellow ribbons? (-;  I was torn between that movie and Shenandoah.


And don't forget, there's still time to enter the drawing for the log cabin quilt square. Just leave a comment. Winner will be announced tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. She Wore a Yellow Ribbon is a good one.

    Also, Stagecoach, Somewhere in Sonora, The Searchers, the Shootist and the Sons of Katie Elder. :D

    ReplyDelete