Thursday, December 22, 2011

WT2?

It wasn't an Uruk-hai invasion, but a snow family made from a hand print. Crafterella made some, and I thought I'd make some, too. 

The original directions used a satin finish ornaments. I couldn't find satin finish so ended up with shiny finish. (Nothing like trying to find ornaments five days before Christmas, and the mall was insane!) The original instructions used small ornaments because the craft was being done with children. I think they measure 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The ornaments, that is. I have no idea how big the children were. I opted to use a large ornament, 4 inches in diameter. The original instructions also had hats and scarves colored with Sharpie markers. That don't fly on a shiny finish ornament. I used my pots of acrylic paint by Plaid.

It's a fun project. Would be fun to do with kids, if you didn't mind the mess.

What's keeping you busy today?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun project.

    And I like the snow flying on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so cute! I used acrylic paint too, I thought about using puff paint for some of the details (like to coal buttons and eyes), but time was short and my project list is long. It wasn't to messy with the kids, but I did them one at a time and they are used to crafting with me.

    ReplyDelete