Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tools, Gadgets, and Widgets - Covering Your Work Surface

What do you use to cover your work surface? I use old MRI or CAT scan film. Himself thinks I'm ghoulish. I think I'm brilliant. (No ego problem here).

 I like to re-purpose things when I can. What else would the films be good for? If you have to go to another doctor for a second opinion, that doctor is going to order his own set of films. Both sets after the diagnosis is reached are useless. Seems a shame to waste the film. It's sturdy, can be washed, and is re-usable. Ghoulish? Perhaps, but thrifty.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it's ghoulish at all! I think it's brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the hard backs from old books for my cutting boards. Would the film be good enough for cutting stencils out of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film is thin enough to make a stencil, but the film is very dark. Not sure what you would use to draw the image so you could see the line to cut it out.

      Delete
    2. graphite/pencil might work as long as you cut it under the right lighting conditions

      Delete