Sunday, February 12, 2023

How Does Your Garden Grow?



The water in the swale flowed too slowly and froze solid in the sub-artic temperatures of last weekend.


High winds


hurled the wall and door panels of the greenhouse around


Temperature swings from one end of the spectrum to the other has us all confused.


One bunny nibbling the grass


followed by another bunny


A red sky morning


We started last weekend, way below freezing, and we ended this weekend way above freezing.

How does your garden grow?


10 comments:

  1. My garden is still non existent, will plant the boxes when I come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're trying to make the garden self sufficient. Driftwood and succulents. (We're not getting any younger! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures! With the drought we were in last Summer, it might succulents might be a good idea here

      Delete
  3. I can't tell yet, but it seems my lavender bit the dust and maybe my abelia *sigh* but some plants are beginning to show some green growth at ground level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's the neighbor's pink dogwood doing?😺

      Delete
  4. You have no snow. I am jealous!!!! The warmer temperatures are just lovely though. It's nice to see bare ground and the bunnies too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our temps are similar to yours, only not as warm. We also had high winds that whipped things around in my yard, too. I had mostly leaves, not structures. I was surprised I didn't lose something in the yard, though since we had winds that topped 60 mph, and sustained winds at 30 mph. At least it looks like you have a bit of green grass for the bunnies to munch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, green grass right over the septic tank 😺

      Delete