Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Whatcha Doin?

 

Mr. Spock and The Young One are helping me to try to connect the iPad to a pocket projector so it will mirror what is on the iPad.

I thought I would go 21st. century for teaching students calligraphy instead of writing on a chalkboard where I sometimes make a better door than a window when I'm in front of the chalkboard. Also people at the museum have written on the chalkboard with oil pastels so not always a good surface to use chalk on as chalk was intended.

I can demonstrate letter formation and the ductus (stroke) order using Procreate and a 45 degree angle calligraphy brush and in theory can project what's on the iPad onto the wall.

The Young One has gotten a lot closer in making it so than I did.  The good thing is the chalkboard is still the fallback plan and we have 6 weeks to figure things out.

Whatcha doin? I'm happy dancing because she got things working, and I was able to replicate her instructions.

13 comments:

  1. Good for you for moving into the new century. I used to use the overhead projector a lot when I was teaching, but I like this mini version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it works out in the actual studio

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to backup my Procreate gallery to my external hard drive...😕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our TV died. I'm looking for a cheap replacement. Quite the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are projectors that are in the $200 range. I'm not sure if you can project streaming services on a wall.

      Delete
    2. We ended up ordering one from Best Buy, $180 including tax. Getting rid of the other one is proving difficult.

      Delete
  4. Yay for the young one getting things worked out and good on you for giving it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quarter of a million dollars we paid for her education has been so worth it. 😺

      Delete
  5. Spock today helps me with the panto :-)
    Cool how you teach! I think here they still have green chalkboards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a green chalkboard in the art museum studio. That is my backup plan. Nothing wrong with old school tech

      Delete
  6. Your young one is quite impressive. Good for her. I used Lotus Freelance Graphics because I have NEVER been a Windows/Word fan. I created many presentations using that program that I am sure is archived now!

    ReplyDelete