Friday, November 10, 2023

The Friday Five Good Things


 Five good things that happened this week.

1. Himself participated in the Rent-A-Rower fundraiser for WPI. He rented a rower to come and help with some yardwork.  We are so grateful to the young man that came to help us out.

2. I received a nice email from a former student

3. An early Thanksgiving celebration. With the Young One moving to Ohio, this was one of the last times the four of us will be together for a while.

4. I found the video camera where I told Himself it would be.  All he had to do was look behind Santa

5. I solved the electrical problem. It was the power strip

How was your week?

15 comments:

  1. Interesting. Wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than yesterday's too early snow, it's a good week for me. Stay strong this weekend. I'll send some you-can-handle-this energy your way because I remember how hard it is to watch them move away. Even if they're not going very far or are going very far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH and yes, my leaves all come down in Wednesday's wind too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you just need some snow to cover them up, and then you don't have to worry about them. 😺

      Delete
  4. I hope you answer that student. I once wrote to my professor and she didn´t care to say something back, very disappointing (maybe she was retired and the letter (paper!) not forwarded.).
    #4 sounds familiar! ;-)
    This week just sped by, I cannot believe it´s Friday again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you! Solving problems and finding things! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your week was good. The best part of my week was lunch with a friend at the Chinese restaurant, yummy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanksgiving may come early this year, but I bet there will be smiles, laughter, and lots of photos taken before the young one leaves. At least you won't have an empty nest at Christmas.

    Rent a rower. You can't imagine what I thought before I read what actually occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've always been flexible about observances. I love it when electrical problems are easy to solve.

    ReplyDelete