Thursday, November 30, 2023

Lost

 

I've worn a wristwatch since I was 7 years old. I feel naked without a watch on my wrist when I go out and about. I've had several watches. A few I stopped. Yup, I can stop time. I stopped time on two, brand new, less than a month old, moon phase watches. And the jeweler couldn't understand why because the battery was perfectly good when he tested tested them. Apparently, I have some sort of weird electromagnetic force, and I can stop time on my wristwatches. Himself won't buy me watches anymore because of it.

So I  bought my own watches, and had to keep replacing batteries. Which was annoyingly expensive. Until several years ago, I heard about Citizens Watch and their Eco-Drive system. Sunlight, ambient light recharges the watch's battery. The battery never needs to be replaced. And I haven't stopped this watch.

So, Wednesday, before I left the house to go shopping, I put on my wristwatch. I don't look at my phone to check the time. I look at my watch. As I was finishing up at Target, I looked at my watch to see how long I had been out. No watch! I'd been all over Kohl's and Target. I walked across both parking lots because I always park in Nebraska (i.e. not close to the front door) whenever I go out, and I'm driving. 

If I did lose it in the parking lot or the store, I should have felt it. Heard it as it's a pretty substantial watch. I must have thought I put it on before I left the house. Yes, that's it. It must've been at home. Only when I got home, the watch was not there. It was lost.

To be continued.

20 comments:

  1. Hope you find it, Citizen is not cheap!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't the most expensive, but it did cost a pretty penny

      Delete
  2. So sorry, CJJ, hope it comes back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear violin strings playing 'tension' music as I sit on tenterhooks waiting for 'the rest of the story....'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the next post is an 'I found it' post. AND I have a bud (that would be you) who can stop time. How cool is that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I lost a bracelet I loved once, and then there was my fitbit story. When you finish your watch story I'll share my fitbit story. Hopefully I'll remember. I hope this story has a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thecontemplativecat here. I rec'd my first Timex watch at age 9. When I retired from teaching, the watch was the first this I removed when I got home..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I do hope you find it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you find it. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't worn a watch in years. I hope you find it soon!

    ReplyDelete