Friday, September 11, 2026

The Friday Five Good Things

CJ Kennedy (She/Her)

Studio Programs Faculty

Worcester Art Museum  |  worcesterart.org  |  (508) 793-4333

55 Salisbury Street  |  Worcester, MA 01609 



 Five good things that happened this week.

1. I was sad to learn my colleague and blog buddy, Andy T. Fish passed away after fighting two rare blood cancers. Andy was a patient and awesome teacher. He was a most excellent, blog buddy, too. I'm glad I had the opportunity to know him. Godspeed, Andy.

2. Three of the four classes I put in to teach are running.

3. The museum informed staff that we all have to have the same signature in our emails so we match the new branding of the museum. I was able to get the new signature to work. I am insufferably pleased with myself.

4. It was such a nice day on my weekly visit to Teague, we decided to eat lunch outside. We had lunch at the Outpost Turkey Farm.

5. Besides eating outside, I also bought a couple of Apple Cider donuts. I had one with my afternoon tea. It was so fresh!

How was your week?

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week. In spite of the sadness about your blog friend's passing.
    Congratulations on getting your signature to work.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. My week was good, but I didn't have any apple cider donuts but I did have some fresh picked Mac apples. Sounds like you had a super week CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Outpost Farm had some fresh apple varieties outside at their farmstand. I was more interested in their baked goods. 😊

      Delete
  3. * Was looking for the movie 16 monkeys to watch ... i haven't seen it in years... and came across 16 monkeys the series... 4 great seasons to enjoy AND and actual ending!
    * After a sleep over got up early with Eldest Granddaughter and went for a 5 mile bike ride.... then to breakfast... had a great time! :)
    * Two days in a row now afternoon storms have tried to come in... both days no rain but hearing the thunder was so nice and the wind did freshen things up a bit...
    * Made two soups and put them in the freezer for last minute need something to eat days...
    * Today Littlest GrandLittle is picking time with Grandma over cheering at a football game....lol

    I'm sorry to hear about your friend Andy...
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an awesome week especially with the grands

      Delete
  4. Iris Flavia: An up and down in hospital... Sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very sorry to learn about your friend Andy. my condolences to his family ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read about Andy Fish. Other than that, it sounds like you had a great week. A turkey farm?? I spent the day reminiscing with friends about 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a turkey farm. They raise turkeys. People put orders in for fresh turkeys at Thanksgiving. The farm has a little shop where they make the most delicious fresh turkey sandwiches. They also sell amazing baked goods. Picnic tables are set up outside so you can have a picnic lunch. The farm also grows produce and you can purchase that at the store, too.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Apple cider donuts are amazing. They are a big deal around here in addition to pumpkin spice everything

      Delete
  8. Although I was sorry to read about Andy Fish, your week does sound a good one.

    Mine seemed to zoom by ... but it's been a good one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy put up a valiant fight. Now he's part of something greater than himself and beyond pain and suffering.

      Delete
  9. I am sorry to hear about your friend's passing.

    ReplyDelete