Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Photo Organizing

Trying to find a way of corralling photos from various boxes and photo albums. I found this photo keeper at Amazon. Each 4 " x 6" plastic box holds 100 photos. There are 12 small plastic boxes in the larger case.

After losing a lot of photos in the basement flood during the ice storm in 2009 (who knew that a couple of inches of water would upend boxes), the photo cases will be stored on the first floor in Ma's hope chest. Hopefully, water levels won't rise that high!

So many of my parents' photos were never labeled. when I asked Ma one time about labeling her photos, she said "We know who is in the photograph!" Except now that's she's gone, some information is missing. My plan is to little by little go through the photos and label them with names, year, and activity if I know or can remember and sort them in the little boxes. The next step will be to scan all the photographs to have digital copies.

Have your organized your photographs? How do you go about it?

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice case and a worthwhile project.
    I'm not that organized:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. History photos are stored in old Omaha Steak boxes and labeled. But the kids photos are still higgledy piggledy in shoe boxes in the closet. (It takes me forever to find the one I want cuz it’s a walk down memory lane to look though them!)

    ReplyDelete